Earlier this year, our friends at Paste Magazine polled musicians about their favorite recipes. Below recipe for Broiled King Salmon with Oyster Mushrooms comes from Electric Guest’s Asa Taccone. Have a listen while you cook:
Ingredients: 1/4 lb. of King Salmon, handful of iyster mushrooms, 2 cloves garlic, 2 white onions, 1 cup brown rice, 1 can black beans, sliced lemon, 1 cup arugula, 2 small radishes, handful of cherry tomatoes
Recipe: – Boil brown rice for 45 minutes or until done.
- Sauté minced onions, minced garlic and Oyster mushrooms in olive oil for 5 mins or until they are half way cooked.
- Put a 1/3 of the sauté into another pot with the can of black beans (do not drain beans, keep the sauce so that the beans absorb it).
- Add a copious amount of olive oil to the black beans and put them on medium heat. – Cook until the beans have absorbed all of the sauce. You can add a pinch of cumin to taste.
- Spice salmon with salt, pepper and olive oil
- Set the broiler on hi and place salmon on a rack over tinfoil, adding another 1/3 of the sauté around the edges of the fish.
- Broil on high for 10 minutes or until fish is flaky.
- Wash and dry arugula and add chopped radishes and halved tomatoes. Add whatever dressing you like.
- When fish is done garnish with sliced lemons and serve.
for tonight’s The Nine? yes.
email me firstname.lastname@example.org